My vape tastes bad or burnt
The most common issue with a burnt taste is caused when the coil is when it’s installed. The cotton needs time to soak up some liquid before it is heated. Ensure to leave your coil to soak for the recommended time (normally found on the instructions) before use. A guideline is approx. 10 minutes. Also check:
- You are not running the liquid down too low – a coil has little holes for the liquid to soak into and these must be covered with liquid when used.
- Your coil has not been in too long and needs replaced (normally 5-14 days).
- You have your power settings correct (usually on the side of the coil).
- You have cleaned your tank between coil changes. This should be done with water only and dried thoroughly before use again.
My vape is spitting or gurgling
This is caused by too much liquid in the coil which is not being turned into vapour. Make sure to check:
- The correct PG: VG ratio is being used for your tank – as a general rule, high powered devices require high VG liquids.
- The correct power setting is being used (normally found on the side of the coil).
- Your seals are intact and in place.
- The glass is not cracked.
I don’t like how my vape feels on my throat
This is normally caused by the wrong e-liquid. Whether it is the wrong nicotine strength or the incorrect PG:VG ratio, check our help guides below to help you get it right.
My device is leaking
The most common issue is that the coil in the tank needs replaced, this should normally be done between 5-14 days however it heavily depends on usage. Other things to check include:
- The tank is not being overfilled
- The tank is not over tightened on the battery – this should just be finger tight.
- Check seals are secured and not ripped.
- Ensure the glass is not cracked.
- The correct PG/VG ratio of liquid is used in the tank – as a general rule, high powered devices require high VG liquids.
- The correct power settings are being used (normally found on the side of the coil).
- The device is kept upright whenever possible.
- The device isn’t subjected to extreme temperature or altitude changes (if your device goes with you on a plane it may leak).
My device doesn't turn on or the screen is blank
Check the following:
- The device is turned on (seems obvious) – most devices’ power button must be clicked 3 or 5 times very quickly to turn on or off.
- Your device is charging – most devices will give an indication of charging, whether that be a light or battery bars. If you can’t see these when charging it could indicate a problem.
- Check your device is not in “stealth mode” – some devices will save power by leaving the screen blank. Check your instructions to ensure your device is not in stealth mode
My device is saying no atomiser
A check atomiser message is displayed when the battery cannot read or fire the coil. It may appear as a slightly different message on other devices. It’s caused by the device being unable to complete a circuit between the battery, the bottom of tha tank and the coil.
Check the following:
- The coil is being replaced regularly.
- All the connections are clean and everything is screwed together correctly.
- Check the coil installed is within the operating limits of the battery i.e. a coil can have a resistance which is too low or high for the battery to read.
My vape coils are burning out too quickly
Check out our guide on issues that could be causing this to occur Here
My device is faulty
If you are still experiencing issues with your device, and none of the issues and solutions detailed above have solved these issues, please raise a return by clicking here.
When raising a return it is important that you provide as much detail as possible, to better assist our testing team when the faulty item arrives with them.
My device won’t charge
If your device doesn’t charge it is most commonly a problem with the charging port on the device, please check:
- There is no debris in the port.
- Ensure the pins inside the port are not bent.
- Check with a different cable and plug.
- If a device is left discharged for long periods of time it may not recover and needs to be replaced.
With so many different variations of e-cigarette batteries, finding out if your e-cig battery is charged really depends on what type of battery you have and how you charge it. If you have a pen-style battery, you can tell if your e-cig battery is charged by connecting it to your supplied charger and looking at the LED on the charger. You can tell when your battery has run out of charge by pressing the button on the battery. If it isn’t firing and the LED on the battery button flashes several times, this indicates that the battery needs charging. Most e-cigarette battery mods have an LED screen which has a battery charge indicator showing how much battery your mod currently has. If you have a battery mod that doesn’t have an LED screen and takes replaceable batteries, you can tell if your e-cig battery is charged by removing the replaceable battery/batteries and placing them in your charger. You can tell when your battery has run out of charge by pressing the button on the battery. If it isn’t firing and the battery charge indicator on the battery LED (if your mod has one) is showing as empty and/or flashes several times, this indicates that the battery needs charging.